I sit at my desk feeling out of control. Emails coming in thick and fast, lists and lists of what needs to happen and a self set deadline I really can’t afford to miss.
I’ve set The Organising School up in my spare time (laughs hysterically) while co-directing another business full-time. I’m passionate about both, but I care about myself too and this feeling isn’t healthy.
Overwhelm is powerful, it’s debilitating.
I managed to move past my overwhelm to get the work done, if you are in the same space, here is what helped me:
- Set time aside, book yourself in to complete the work
- Make a list of what needs to be done in order of importance
- Break each job down into bite size pieces, concentrating on one piece at a time and zoning everything else out
- If you’re feeling especially overwhelmed, select an easy task to do. Even if it wasn’t the one planned, at least you are moving forward
- Outsourcing! Finding a powerful team to support you
- Making sure you take time out and relax
Hey hold on. Isn’t that what I’m always discussing with my clients 🙂 Do you have any tips to share on how to manage overwhelm?
Don’t delay, Start today